What is BodyTalk
BodyTalk is a type of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM)* that looks at the whole person and the whole context of their life to address their health issues: physical, emotional, social and environmental stressors, genetic, epigenetic lifestyle factors, and belief systems.
BodyTalk uses four key tools to establish and activate a prioritized and individualized treatment for a client:
- a comprehensive and integrative map of the body and mind (the BodyTalk protocol chart)
- a specific language to navigate around this mind-body map (the Exploring Procedure chart)
- a neuromuscular biofeedback technique, a subtle movement of the arm/wrist of the client by the practitioner self testing, to get yes/no information that allows establishment of the priorities from the protocol chart
- a light tapping on the head and sternum to activate the brain and the electromagnetic field of the heart, respectively, thereby activating the treatment.
BodyTalk works by:
- Recognizing that the health of each individual is a unique blend of factors which must be addressed according to their specific needs. That’s why two individuals experiencing a similar symptom of pain will be balanced according to exactly what they require.
- Addressing the stresses of daily living which can compromise the body’s innate healing ability and lead to degeneration and illness.
- Focusing priority attention on neglected, or compromised areas of the body which have eluded other medical practitioners or diagnostic tests.
BodyTalk is an integrative modality that weaves together the anatomy and physiology of Western medicine with the understanding of the body from Chinese medicine, Ayurvedic medicine, Quantum Physics and Biophysics.
Book a Session
A Private BodyTalk session normally takes about 1 hour long.
To make an appointment please contact our office (305) 538-8998.
(*) Complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is the term for medical products and practices that are not part of standard medical care.